Please keep in your prayers –
December 6, 2016
- Shawn, son of a parishioner, for safe travel home from a deployment.
December 5, 2016
- Emily and Luc, daughter and son-in-law of parishioners, who are at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Emily will have two days of testing to determine if she is a candidate to undergo fetal surgery which has proven to be successful at dramatically improving the baby’s chances of fewer complications from the spina bifida. Also that Emily’s anxiety over the testing and results are manageable and that they receive positive results.
December 4, 2016
- The aunt of a parishioner who went in to the hospital last Saturday thinking she had a bad cold, ended up getting triple bypass surgery and has double pneumonia. She’s very ill in the ICU and could use some healing prayers. She has other surgeries coming up and a long road to recovery.
- A parishioner who is embarking on a business trip halfway around the world. May God keep him safe in his travels.
- Jessica, the daughter of a parishioner who has been sick with bronchitis since September when she went away to college. Please pray for her healing.
- Kim, the friend of a parishioner, who had a double mastectomy 2 weeks ago and will be starting chemo soon.
- Jean, the mother of a parishioner’s friend, who was recently diagnosed with stage 3B cervical cancer. Her chemo treatments jut started this week.
- Kyree, a 10 year old girl who had a four organ transplant last year. She was hospitalized last month for possible organ rejection.
- Dina, friend of a parishioner, who lost her husband suddenly last week. For her family during this difficult time.
- Karen, a parishioner’s friend, who lost her mom last week after a battle with lung cancer.
December 3, 2016
- Ron who was recently diagnosed with leukemia that he has the strength and endurance for the treatment and the treatment results in a cure.
December 1, 2016
- Robert Mitch, father of parishioner Tawnya (Cory) Krebs, who suffered a heart attack and died suddenly on Monday. Bob’s obituary can be found HERE.
- Jim, the son of Flo and Jim, friends of a parishioner, who passed away unexpectedly. Jim had a massive heart attack while hunting.
May Bob and Jim rest in peace. May their families receive comfort and support at this time of their loss.
November 30, 2016
- Jeri, a parishioner, who was hospitalized on November 23rd. Doctors found a tumor on her lung and she is having a difficult time breathing. She is currently too weak for any type of surgery. Please pray for her comfort and that doctors might be able to provide treatment and relief.
- Bryan, a parishioner, who had been on our prayer list as he interviewed for a new job. Unfortunately, this opportunity did not work out. Prayers for patience and that another opportunity might become available.
November 29, 2016
- Emily, the daughter of parishioners, and her husband Luc. They recently found out the baby they are expecting has spina bifida. Pray for God’s comfort and strength in light of this news.
- Dr. Jeanne Krochalis who passed away on November 23rd. Jeanne was under hospice at a local hospital. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church. Jeanne’s obituary can be found here at the McDonald Aeberli Funeral Home website. May she rest in peace.
November 28, 2016
- Homer Boltz, father of parishioner Jim (Laura) Boltz, who passed away on Wednesday, November 23, 2016. Homer’s obituary can be found here at the Hile Funeral Home website. May he be one with all the saints in glory and may his family and friends find consolation and comfort as they grieve his passing.
November 27, 2016
- Dan, who has been admitted to the hospital for some tests. He suddenly developed some difficulty with speech. Pray that there is nothing serious and doctors are able to provide treatment if needed.
November 24, 2016
- All who will be away from family and loved ones on this Thanksgiving Day. Especially for those in service to our country, may they be protected and their efforts of peace be fruitful.
- All whose service to us comes through their sacrifice of self and family. May they be blessed with abundant grace and find support and respect in all they do.
- All who have lost loved ones and grieve their loss. May they find comfort and peace this day and reflect on the many ways their loved ones have blessed their lives.
Prayer for Thanksgiving Day
Thank you, Father, for having created us and given us to each other in the human family. Thank you for being with us in all our joys and sorrows, for your comfort in our sadness, your companionship in our loneliness. Thank you for yesterday, today, tomorrow and for the whole of our lives. Thank you for friends, for health and for grace. May we live this and every day conscious of all that has been given to us.
From The Catholic Prayer Book, compiled by Msgr. Michael Buckley
November 23, 2016
- A parishioner’s daughter, that test results might show a healthy baby. Also, may the Holy Spirit grant serenity to this worried mother as she faces additional testing.
- Those who will be traveling for this Thanksgiving holiday, that their journeys are safe and the time spent with family and friends filled with joy and lasting memories.
November 22, 2016
- George Pietropola Sr., a parishioner, who passed away on Sunday. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 23rd at 10 am at Saint Kilian Church. George’s obituary can be found here in the Post-Gazette. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
- Grace and her husband, Adam, who are friends of a parishioner. Grace was just diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. They are newlyweds and not yet 30 years old. Grace will be undergoing a bone biopsy to determine what stage the disease has progressed, then the possibility of either chemotherapy, radiation or both. Please pray for strength, and wisdom and God’s peace as this young couple navigates their way through this time.
- The six children killed and the many injured children following a tragic school bus accident in Tennessee. For strength and comfort for the families of those who died and who were injured. For healing for the injured children and their return to good health.
November 21, 2016
- Zane, a parishioner, who is having surgery today to remove rods from his leg. Pray that the surgery goes as planned and for his quick recovery.
November 20, 2016
- Mary Douglass Stokes Warren, mother of parishioner Debbie (Joe) Farrell, who passed away on November 15th. May she share in the glory of eternal life and may her husband and family find comfort and strength in this time of their loss. Mary’s obituary can be found HERE.
November 18, 2016
- Bryan, a parishioner, who had a job interview yesterday. Pray that this might result in an offer for employment.
- Martha, the cousin of a parishioner, who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having surgery followed by radiation. Prayers for healing and strength for her and comfort to her family.
November 17, 2016
- A parishioner who is awaiting the results of a sonogram. Pray for her peace while awaiting the results and for favorable findings.
- Ed, a parishioner, who was on our prayer list Tuesday for heart surgery. Pray for his recovery and that doctors might provide treatment to restore him to good health. His wife sends thanks for your continued prayers.
November 16, 2016
- George, as he awaits results from a scan which was done yesterday morning and for his wife as she is extremely anxious about the outcome.
- Angie and her family and friends. She is a young mom and just learned that her lung cancer has progressed to stage 4.
- Prayers of thanks for Pam who was recently on our prayer list. She had surgery on a questionable ovarian cyst. The surgery went well and the findings were benign.